For our clients with requiring less rackspace, we offer our shared colo-rack plans. With our shared colo-racks, your equipment is placed in a rack that is shared with other clients who also only require 1 & 2 Us of space. Our clients in these racks still have full access to their machines, however, this access is support-staff accompanied to ensure the security of other clients' equipment in the rack. We do recommend our clients in the shared co-lo rack schedule an appointment with our support staff to ensure someone is available for the accompaniment, however, if an emergency was to occur our support staff is available.
Under a managed plan, some of the aspects of this type of plan would include:
- Installing and configuring server software
- Running and Updating when needed
- Installing a Firewall and/or SSL certificates
- Installing a control panel when needed
- Setting up backups and maintenance
Unmanaged hosting is a solution completely under the control of the customer. HardDriveHotel is only responsible for the physical server and the availability of the server, but does not provide any help in case any problems are faced with unmanaged accounts. HardDriveHotel will replace failed components, reboot servers, maintain the network and keep the lights on, but it won't support any software or install anything for you. It's effectively the customer's computer to maintain and control. The customer should be familiar with the operating system and server software they choose to use. With the exception of the initial OS installation, the user is responsible for the maintenance, upgrades, and installation of software. Technical support is generally limited to hardware failure and outages, and the customer is responsible for backup services.
Under an unmanaged plan, some of the aspects of this type of plan would include:
- The server is under your control completely, and it has great scalability so that you can install applications and software as you want.
- The customer can personalize and protect the server freely, setting host accounts, managing email, and collecting payments from your clients.
- A plan that is financially economical
- The customer will have full administrative power, and no one else can access their information.